Monday, February 27, 2012

Chocolate Chip Cookies

What is my best life experience ever?


Sunsets and shooting stars, flowers and laughing babies pop to mind first. But the hands-down, top-dog absolute best experiences are the ones I enjoy over and over whenever I want. So today my best life experience award goes to the warm smell of homemade chocolate chip cookies right out of the oven. Or maybe it’s the sight of dozens and dozens of fresh cookies cooling on the counter. Or maybe trying to pick up the hot and gooey goodness before it has cooled and savor the sweet flavors in my mouth.

Some bakers pick regular size chocolate chips. That’s okay, I would never complain about chocolate. Most often I make a double batch for sharing and pour in the square chunk-sized chips and the mini-morsel chips so every bit of every bite contains chocolate.

I changed my mind again. I love sharing my cookies and seeing my friends and family gobble them up. They disappear too fast to go stale. The simple things make the best experiences. I love a good cookie, don’t you?


Thanks to Jamie & Chynna Laird for inspiring this post. Now is a good time to bake some cookies.
  

4 comments:

  1. The chocolate chip cookie ... One of life's simple, and best, pleasures :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose you like your cookie served with a latte? I have a new book on order that I can't wait to unwrap and enjoy. Thanks for the kind words here.

      Delete
  2. For every birthday since I was like 20 or so, I've requested chocolate chip cookies over cake.
    LOVE.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am SOOOO with you here! :) Love this post!

    ReplyDelete